Welcome to the Metabolomics Society Home Page. The Metabolomics Society is dedicated to promoting the growth, use and understanding of metabolomics in the life sciences. Metabolomics is a newly emerging field of "omics" research concerned with the comprehensive characterization of the small molecule metabolites in biological systems. It can provide an overview of the metabolic status and global biochemical events associated with a cellular or biological system. As such, it can accurately and comprehensively depict both the steady-state physiological state of a cell or organism and of their dynamic responses to genetic, abiotic and biotic environmental modulation.
The Metabolomics Society is an independent, non-profit organization, governed by a Board of Directors composed of dedicated members of the metabolomics community but ultimately responsive to its members. The Metabolomics Society's vision is to become the premier organization devoted to the development of metabolism-based research. Constituted in 2004, the Metabolomics Society now has more than 500 members in more than 20 countries and publishes its own journal: Metabolomics.
Please click these links to read more about metabolomics and the history of the society:
- History of the Society
- A Message from the Founding President of the Metabolomics Society
- To promote the growth and development of the field of metabolomics internationally,
- To provide the opportunity for collaboration and association among the workers in that science and in related sciences and connections between academia, government and industry in the field of metabolomics
- To provide opportunities for presentation of research achievements and creation of workshops, and
- To promote the publication of meritorious research in the field.